Job Reference Number:
Cardiome Pharma Corp. is a Pharmaceutical company based in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, with offices in Switzerland. Pennsylvania, and Germany. We are seeking a positive minded, experienced Office Administrator to ensure the smooth operation of a variety of office responsibilities. The ideal candidate must be a customer service oriented professional with a flexible can do attitude willing to assist wherever necessary. Cardiome is growing and this is an ideal entry-level role for someone seeking a career path in Office Management or as an Executive Assistant.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reception duties including answering phones, receiving guests and arranging couriers
- Maintains security access pass database for building security
- Coordinate calendars and schedules as required (Boardroom & non-executive meetings arrangements)
- Maintains parking pass and device database for company deposit recovery
- Assists with company social activities; birthday celebrations, farewell cards/gifts and company Christmas party event organization.
- Maintains office supplies including inventory, re-stocking and ordering
- Daily kitchen maintenance including cleaning, restocking and supply ordering
- Maintain vendor contacts and researches new vendor options.
- Distribute incoming/outgoing mail and faxes
- Records outgoing message and updates for closures, holidays and staff turnover
- Coordinate catering and food orders
- Work with building maintenance and facilities to address / resolve issues
- Ensure the overall organization, safety and cleanliness of the office
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as per departmental requests
- Assist with office moves, organization and planning.
- Maintain office contact lists and spreadsheets
- Liase with vendors for photocopier and equipment maintenance
- Screen calls (we get a minimum of 10 solicitation calls a day)
- Other administrative duties such as photocopying, filing & preparing documents
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Minimum of 2 years professional office experience
- Enthusiastic team player with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Dedication to customer service with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks and assignments
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in fast-paced environment
- Strong data entry skills (maintain filing systems and basic databases).
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Office Administrator" in the subject title. To learn more about Cardiome, visit our website at www.cardiome.com.